Tuesday 4 June 2013

Being the Voice of Reason

I have been friends with this girl for years but recently she's started cancelling every time we arrange to meet up and her boyfriend is the only thing that matters in her life. Today she text me two hours after we were supposed to meet up to ask if we can reschedule- it's a similar story each time and there's never an apology.

Charlie had said not make plans around her- 'get on with your own things and if she shows up great, if she doesn't then you haven't missed out.' Great advice but I didn't follow it.

It's taken six months but finally I've had enough- I told her that I was busy, fed up with her cancelling and maybe we should forget it for now. She didn't respond. It reminded me of when I was breaking up with an ex because I knew it wasn't working- they didn't seem to care and within 5 minutes they'd updated their Facebook to 'Single'. Even though I'd been stood up again and Charlie was proved right he didn't say 'I told you so' he said 'Are you okay?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment