Friday 7 June 2013

My Favourite Cologne

I had a tough morning- I’d finished a night shift, lost my phone, gone to the dentist and by the time I got home I was exhausted.  Unfortunately bed wasn’t on the menu yet as I had to call my landlord, meet my dad for a coffee and try to get my phone back. By the time I’d done this Charlie had come home for lunch and I was wide awake yet exhausted (an excessive amount of caffeine and 12 hours sleep split over 4 days was far from ideal).

Charlie pulled the curtains, made me a Sleepytime tea and whispered into my ear:

"You’re the most loved girl in the whole world"


I was already beginning to drift off while he rummaged around in one of his drawers and took out a cologne that smells amazing on him- it has notes of bay leaf and tobacco. He gently took my hand and sprayed it on my inner wrist so whenever I snuggled up with a hand under my head all I could smell was him. I had a very peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment