Wednesday 29 May 2013

Being supportive until the bad haircut grows out

Most of us have seen a bad haircut or two- whether it's an extra short buzz cut that reveals lumps and scars on the scalp or a fringe that's two inches too short; sometimes it's better to wait until the hair grows back before giving your brutal opinion on a poor choice of cut.

A few weeks ago Charlie went to get his hair cut which is always an issue because he's fussy and almost always comes home to do his own version of damage control over the sink with a set of hair clippers. This time I got a call while I was on the way home from work to warn me that today's haircut was the worst yet so I expected a disaster. He knew it was bad, I knew it was bad but telling him that his head looked like a football wouldn't fix the problem and he couldn't spend two weeks wearing a hat to work while waiting for it to grow out so I lied and encouraged him to keep his hood up when going outside.

Today is the first day he looks normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment