Friday 31 May 2013

Emergency Protocol

There's a girl at work who causes trouble for the rest of us. She doesn't do her job, frequently has public fights with her husband (who also works in the same building) and tried to take my manager to HR for bullying when he began taking disciplinary action against her. The whole situation is ridiculous but between her low cut tops and floods of tears most people avoid her.

Today she couldn't come to work because one of her cats had a fall (yes, we were confused too) and I was asked to take over her workload- literally four days worth of work that she hadn't done. By the time I came home it felt as if the work was against me. Charlie knew right away and followed what I assume to be his 'emergency protocol':

1. Make a pot of herbal tea
2. Select cream for a foot rub (my new favourite is a pistachio body butter)
3. Listen until the tea is finished or an opinion is asked for

It works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment