Sunday 26 May 2013

Candy Trail

When either of us end up in a bad mood for no real reason we always seem to do something childish and silly just to bring us out of the moment and remind us that there is no point in being sad.

We were walking home after spending an afternoon shopping and my feet were killing me. Even though we were only a few blocks away from home I had to stop. Charlie, conscious of our Häagen-Dazs purchase melting before we got back to the apartment took out a pack of Parma Violets and set one sweet down on the ground in front of me. 

‘Come on, we’re nearly home.’


I was far from amused but by the time he’d laid a trail of 10 Parma Violets that were each about a metre apart I saw the funny side (particularly as strangers were looking at Charlie as if he had a screw loose). I picked up the sweets and by the time I reached Charlie I’d forgotten all about my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment